Cupcakes and Carousels Handmade Card Idea
Today’s handmade card idea features the Cupcakes and Carousels Designer Paper, new in the upcoming Occasions Catalog which you can start purchasing from on Wednesday.
I love the color combination of this vintage-looking patterned paper.
The new stamp set Suite Sentiments provided me the card greeting.
Below you’ll find the color scheme, supplies used, and the card making tutorial for this Cupcakes and Carousels card design.
- Fold a 4-1/4″ x 11″ piece of Vanilla Card Stock in half to create card base; sponge the outside edges in Early Espresso ink.
- Cut the following from the Cupcakes & Carousels Designer Paper Stack and sponge all the edges in Early Espresso ink:
- 4″ x 3/4″ of the blue swirl pattern
- 2-1/2″ x 4″ of the cupcake carousel pattern
- 4″ x 3/4″ of the So Saffron pattern
- Sponge the outside edges of a 4-1/4″ x 5-1/4″ piece of Very Vanilla card stock and glue to the center of a 4-1/8″ x 5-3/8″ piece of Early Espresso card stock.
- Glue the blue swirl pattern along the left edge of the layered piece from Step #3 above; glue the cupcake carousel patterned piece next to the right of the blue swirl pattern, centering on the front; glue the So Saffron patterned piece across near the bottom of the cupcake carousel piece – see photo for placement.
- Glue the layered piece from Step #4 to the center of the Very Vanilla card base.
- Stamp the “Hoping Your Day is Perfect” in Early Espresso ink on a scrap of Very Vanilla card stock; cut out using the Layering Circles Framelits.
- Cut a larger Early Espresso circle using the Layering Circles Framelits or Stitched Shapes Framelits and glue the greeting piece to the center.
- Attach the greeting to the lower left of your card front and apply some pearls in the upper and lower right corners.